Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Good to be blogging again...

After almost a month long hiatus, I am back with my next post. There were a few reasons, though, for my absence from active blogging. For starters, the ISB essays were a bit draining. I needed a few days to rejuvenate my batteries. Then work got a bit hectic. I also had to make a trip to Chennai. In sum, I have been keeping rather busy.

In the meantime, however, I have been actively working on my essays to Stanford and Ross. The outline for both remain the same. It is only the school specific interests that I had to add to the respective essays. I remember reading on a blog that when you put your heart and soul to writing an essay, you will find that even the initial draft looks quite incredible. This has certainly been the case with me.

Now on to my evaluators. I spoke with my Managing Director, a person I have closely worked with, about my Stanford recommendation. He has already submitted one evaluation (for ISB). I was a bit hesitant to ask him for another one considering his busy schedule but felt that his recommendation will definitely add weight to my application. I approached him and his response was very encouraging. My other recommendations for Stanford will be from my current manager and a colleague who has known me for the last 7 years (he was a year senior to me in college).

Though I haven't been blogging in this last one month, I have been reading quite a few blogs, especially the ones related to Stanford & Ross. Among the best ones that I came across was Marquis' Weblog. This guy is nothing but inspirational. I am in touch with him and I hope to have a conversation with him sometime in the near future. I am sure that my interaction with him will add a whole new dimension to my application.

With that I'll end this post and get back to working. (The 15 minute break that I had given myself is over!)

1 comment: