Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Submitted my ISB App

So...its been a while since I blogged...about 2 weeks I guess...been a bit busy with work n stuff.

The big news today is that I submitted by application to the Post Graduate Programme in Management at the Indian School of Business. I started filling in this form and writing the essays in the 1st week of June. After many iterations and deliberations, I, finally, hit the submit button today. I believe that I have done justice to my app and, God willing, I should get admission into ISB. A brief look at my profile -

Class X - CBSE - 89%
Class XII - CBSE - 93%
5 Year Integrated Software Engineering - CGPA 9.81/10
GMAT - 710 (Q49, V38, AWA 5.0) - 2 weeks preparation with just about 2 hrs a day :-(
Work experience - 3 years at the time of admission + 18 months internships at 4 different companies (though internships aren't valued as true work experience)
Extra-curricular -
Sports -
School Sports Captain
College Cricket Captain
Cricket and volleyball at the district level
Weight training and cardio
Athletics
Awards & Activities -
Best out-going all-rounder from school
Plenty of awards and prizes in Quiz, Software Project Management, Paper Presentations etc
Open source initiatives - Chief Coordinator and Mentor
Coordinated various other club and association activities.
Entertainment -
Dancer - regular stage performances
Community Services -
Rotaract Club
Donors to Charity Club

Goal - Well set :-D

And its with this profile that I am setting out on my quest for getting into a good B-school. Now that the ISB app is done and dusted, I can concentrate on my application for admission to the Stanford GSB. Oh well...here we go again....

12 comments:

VV said...

Ashwanth,

All the best !!!
Hopefully I can get some help from you... Me too planning towards ISB. :)

The Teacher said...

Dude,

That's awesome!!! You are pretty fast... Most of the applicants have not even started writing their essays..

All the best for your other apps as well..

-Teacher.

Ashwanth said...

@varalu

Sure dude...anytime

@the teacher

Thanks dude..

Starwalker said...

what? submitted? i better start writing..... maybe i should start with reading the essays....

Ashwanth said...

@starwalker

Yeah..had been on it for 2 months now...I have done my best to make it as appealing as possible..couldn't have done anything more...

You have a pretty interesting profile. A surgeon interested in pursuing an MBA..wow!

All the best with your apps!! We'll be in touch :-)

Starwalker said...

yeah Ashwanth, i think we will be in touch

Prashant said...

Thanks for the wishes! All the best to you too..

Keeping my fingers crossed as well...

Anonymous said...

hey i have been following ur blog for admissions info. quite informative i must say. did you hear nything from isb?

Ashwanth said...

@anon

Thank you for reading my blog!

ISB hasn't started sending out its interview invites for the Hyderabad candidates. The invites are expected to be rolled out next week. You can be rest assured that I will be posting my status on this blog :-).

Anonymous said...

some of my friends from hyderabad got intv. calls yesterday for hyderabad. did u hear anything?

Ashwanth said...

Nope...

ISB has been sending out calls to people in Bangalore and Chennai who will be interviewing in Hyderabad.

We are expected to hear from them on Monday and latest by the 25th.

Lotsa time...no hurry :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Ashwanth,

My name is Mini. I was surfing the web to find some information about the essays to be submitted in ISB when I saw your blog. Did you manage to get admission in the ISB? Can you please give me few guidelines on how to prepare essays

Thank You
Mini