Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Stanford app submitted!!!

Today was the big day...

All my dreams, my ambitions, and my vision have been properly packaged and are, now, at the doorstep of, probably, the best business school in the world, the Stanford GSB. Yes..I have submitted my Stanford MBA application.

I started my application in the first week of August. The last month and a half have been really enjoyable. I have loved answering every bit of the essay questions. On seeing the app, the first thing I realized was that I had more than one good and convincing reply for each of the essays. They, nevertheless, made me dig deep into my past and unearth situations/experiences that I hold dear and had really learned from.

At 13:45 IST, I closed my eyes, said a little prayer and hit the submit button. Its now a long wait for the interview invitation. Two of my recommenders have already submitted their evaluations. The third person is currently out of the country. He will be submitting his recommendation by the first week of October.

With this I end my planned set of Round1 applications. With over a month left for the deadlines, I am tempted to apply to one more school.

Well...we'll just have to wait and see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! STan submitted too!!
You're one more app God after Soni!! You surely are on ur way to a gr8 B-school..

But still you've all the time in the world.. Go ahead and take a pick.. App to one more school at least!!

Ashwanth said...

:) thanks mission...

I really really wish that ur words come true... :-D

Yep...me contemplating apping to one more school...

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashwanth,

Congrats on submitting you Stanford app. Looking at ur list of schools, wonder if were the one who got 800 on GMAT or last year Arjuna Award winner!!!

PS - you hav mentioned tat u r different, just wondering how different than the rest of us...

cheers...

Ashwanth said...

@anonymous

Thank you for your wishes!

You don't need 800 on the GMAT or an Arjuna Award to apply to ISB, Stan, Ross, or Darden. As long as you have a well-rounded personality, decent achievements, and well-defined goals your essays and other parts of your application should take proper shape. The rest is left to the adcoms to decide whether the best that you have to offer matches the qualities that they are looking for in their future students.

My profile is by no means spectacular. But it is not ordinary either. Every person has something different about herself/himself. It is how they project it that matters.

I wish you the very best in your endeavors.

Cheers!