Friday, September 12, 2008

Ross app submitted and happy Onam!

The big news today is that I have submitted my application for MBA to the Ross School of Business, University of Michigan. My evaluators have submitted their recommendations and I had had my score sent to Ross three weeks ago. So, my work is done and I'll now wait to hear from the adcom.

Today, we also happen to celebrate Onam, the national festival of Kerala. It is a harvest festival that is celebrated by Malayalees all over the world. For more information click here. All the malayalees, including me, in my company are clad in traditional Kerala wear today. We met up and had 'sadya' together.

In other news, I hope to submit by Stanford app on the 17th of this month and I'll be out partying tonight, with colleagues.

C ya l8r

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats on the app submission!

Ashwanth said...

@matt

Thanks, Matt. Are you applying to Ross too?

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Gr8 going Achyu!!

BTW, If i'm guessing it right, the person who posted the first comment above, is a current student at Ross:: A blogger who goes by the name of m@.. (Not sure of this though)

Ashwanth said...

Thanks Mission.

The truth is that I had not spent enough time preparing for my GMAT. So thought I'll put in sufficient time for my apps. Guess I got a bit ahead of schedule :-D.

Matt seems to be working at Ross. His profile suggests so - Marketing Associate. Not sure of this though.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Ashwanth,

I do work at Ross as a marketing associate. I'm not M@ the blogger, although I do love his blog. I enjoy the fact that he speaks his mind, especially when he is displeased with the school.

Much of what I do is in the social media sphere, so I want to keep up to date on what students are saying about the school. I encourage you to follow me on Twitter so that you can see I am a real person. : )

Best of luck to you as you choose a b-school.

Matt

Ashwanth said...

Thanks for your wishes, Matt.

I do hope that I get into Ross. The more I hear about it, the more I like it. I am in touch with some of your current students. They are amazing...I am actually in love with the Ross community.

I believe my candidature is strong...so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

Hey...how did you mention any certifcates of awards/EC, there is no space in app that asks for attachment?

Ashwanth said...

Hi moly,

Page 5 on the application, AFAIR, allows you to enter your extra-curricular activities and awards but you do not have to upload scanned certificates as proof. You, probably, will have to carry them with you for verification if you are offered admission.

HTH