Sunday, September 7, 2008

Runners-up at Mir Khasim Ali Cricket Tournament!

The D. E. Shaw cricket team played brilliantly today but lost to a superior team, TCS. The TCS team has been our nemesis on previous occasions as well. But today we ran them close. Scoring 25 runs of the last over was a tall order and we failed to knock them over. We beat HSBC, the tournament favourites; for the first time in the company's history; in the semi-finals. As the Captain, I am extremely pleased with the team's performance. It is a good start to the season - reaching the finals of our very first tournament!

Some good news on my MBA app front. My one-page killer resume is READY. It comprised two pages earlier but now the one page thingy looks absolutely fabulous...I hope it does its bit in helping me get into a school of my choice.

I have one more essay to write for my Stanford application - "What matters to you most and why?". I have the answer ready. I just need to pen it down and weave it into my application's theme.

The Ross essays are done. I am waiting on my current supervisor to submit the recommendation. I'll probably submit the application this coming week.

That's me signing off...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Ready to submit Ross!!
After Soni (u surely know the name i believe), u r another inspiration for us in the blogosphere!! :-)

Gud luck and keep us updated!!

Ashwanth said...

Hi Mission,

Yep...Soni's been an inspiration for many of us :-)

I am just trying to be a bit systematic with my applications so that I avoid last minute tension. That way I also give myself sufficient time to address issues if something were to go wrong.

Gud luck to you too...hope your essays are looking better by the day..