Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Darden submitted!

So, with this I have successfully completed my round one application submissions. Hopefully I won't have to submit anymore apps this year. My Managing Director submitted his recommendation for Stanford yesterday. With that, all my applications are complete. I now wait to hear from the admission committees. Its been one heck of a journey - more a road to self discovery. To be honest, my career, thus far, has been inline with my ambition do an MBA. The thought of pursuing an MBA has been in mind ever since I finished schooling in 2001. I am happy with the way things have shaped up. I am grateful to a lot of people for their continuous support; something that, I am sure, will never cease. I hope I get into at least one of these four good schools that I have applied to. It will be a huge step towards achieving my career goal.

Anyways, its now time to relax and calm the mind and nerves. They'll be working overtime in the coming weeks! I am off to Goa, tonight, with friends. I'll be spending the next four days there - away from work, tension, and anxiety. Been looking forward to this trip for a while now.

So until the next post, its gonna be...Sun, Sand, and the Sea...

Be good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting all of your apps in. I hope you are able to rest during your vacation. And best of luck during interviews, decisions, etc.

Anonymous said...

hey one question...why do you not consider yourself as indian IT male...reason I am asking is how do we differentiate from the majority people in IT? Any tips?

Ashwanth said...

@matt
Thank you for your wishes :-)

@anon
I never mentioned that I am not an Indian IT Male. I am just not the typical one. There are more things to me than you would find in a typical Indian IT Male.

For starters, I have had an insight into how trading is done and have an exposure to the financial domain which is very different from a domain that typically uses IT services. Even if you are from the IT background, there are numerous ways to differentiate yourself from your peers thru the initiatives you take within your firm and also outside work, your contributions to the project i.e. not just finding/fixing bugs but some extraordinary design that stands out..a mixture of both will be ideal...HTH