Monday, June 23, 2008

A good start to the week...

We had released our next version of software on Friday, last week. Today was the first trading day with the new software. Most of us keep our eyes open, on the first trading day, for major issues (show-stoppers) that might have escaped QA tests. Well...this release went smooth. Nothing, that'll keep me awake all night, happened. Thank God for that!

The day started as usual - gym at 6.30. Got back home at 8.30, took a shower, read the headlines and headed for work. It wasn't a busy day. In fact, I actually got time for some personal work. I decided to rephrase a few sentences in my ISB essays so that they read better.

I happened to read an INSEAD admit's blog (http://strawberrytints.blogspot.com/). It made quite an interesting read. The guy is from the film industry. He had a GMAT score of 720. He managed to get thru ISB, got dinged at LBS but cleared INSEAD. He has written about his preparation for an MBA and his experiences at the interviews and also at INSEAD. Something in his blog that caught my eye was the Alladin concept. To quote his words, "basically a reworked Alchemist theme. The idea is to see yourself as Alladin and the whole world as your genie. Every thought you have strokes the lamp and the genie i.e. the world goes out there to make it happen." Hmmm...thought provoking indeed!

I was done with work by 7 pm. Joined my friends at the cafeteria, grabbed a bite and then got back to browsing the net for more MBA stuff. I have been contemplating on apping to Ross for a while now. I, finally, decided to take a call. I will be apping in R2, the reason - I'd know the fate of my ISB app by then. I will be applying thru Ross' consortium - that way a few more good schools will have access to my application. Nevertheless, I do have a few other schools in mind - Stern, INSEAD and a long shot at Stanford. A few more would be Chicago GSB, HKUST, Tepper and may be RSM. But I am slightly inclined towards pursuing the PGP at ISB. Then again, my options are open.

And so ended my Monday. Wasn't majorly exciting but a steady start to the week. Guess I'll hit the sack now.

PS: I did see Federer win his opening round at Wimbledon.

No comments: