Saturday, July 5, 2008

IELTS LRW

And so...today was my IELTS Listening, Reading, and Writing tests. It was pretty okay. I reached the venue at 11.15 and was shocked to see 359 other applicants there. I didn't expect so many people to take the test at the same venue on the same day, especially since the test is conducted every week. Apparently, this is test attendance every week, in Hyderabad.
The test started with the listening module, followed by the reading and then the writing. It finished 20 minutes late, courtesy the delay in starting the test. Anyways, the result will be announced after 13 days and I don't think I'll be thinking about it until then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

359 students there to take the IELTS test at the same time! Wowsa! I think that would have freaked me out a bit! My advice to you would have been to stay calm, so did you? And how did the test go? I was so nervous for my IELTS examination and really struglled during my speaking test. How was it for you?

---
advice for you

Ashwanth said...

Hey uk student...

yep I was super calm...probably because there wasn't much pressure on me to do outstandingly well on this test...I need a decent score to apply for visa...

The test went on fine...they played the practice listening module about 5 times so that we could check if our headsets were functioning properly...that caused the delay in starting the actual test..the reading and writing modules were quite okay...in fact I wrote more than 400 words for both the essays...I had my speaking test a couple of days before my LRW..that kinda avoided any additional stress that I would have, otherwise, had to face.. They said the scores would be out in 13 days...

All the best to u...lemme know how u fared..

Cheers

Julia Robert said...

Thanks for sharing this nice post.The test is designed for those people whose native language is not English and level of English at an intermediate or higher.

IELTS Test Dates