Thursday, January 15, 2009

Waitlisted at Ross

It is, at least, better than a ding! More painful though :(.

I have already mailed the adcom that I'd like to remain on the waitlist and be considered for admission this fall. I don't have a choice. I haven't applied to any other school because I was quite confident about my chances at Ross and Darden. Darden, as fellow applicants from India would know, has hardly issued interview invites to Indian applicants - a terrible letdown. News from Stanford, though unlikely, will be a bonus.

The Ross adcom, along with current students who got admits after being placed on the waitlist, will be participating in an online chat (Jan 22nd 1 PM EST) where they will be taking questions from the waitlisted candidates - a terrific initiative. A Google group, for the waitlisted candidates, will be formed after Jan 20th.

It will be good to discuss plans and strategies with fellow applicants. Talking about strategies, I found this blog on one of the forums. It belongs to a current Ross student who converted the waitlist into an admit. Nice read.

16 comments:

MBAlmighty said...

Ashwanth,

Great to hear from you after a real long time! Looks like Ross has waitlisted some very powerful candidates like you and BSB. Hope for the best, get the most out of that chat and leave the rest to destiny! Good Luck! :)

Ashwanth said...

Thanks for the wishes, MBAlmighty!

I am actually disappointed. I thought that I had done enough to make the final cut. Not sure what more I need to or can do.

My MBA aspirations have taken a big hit.

Prashant said...

Hey tough luck... but then as you said, it's always better than a ding, isn't it!

ATB for converting it - don't stop believing in yourself; that's a big part of the recipe for success.

Anonymous said...

Ashwanth, just hang on! All these are top schools and you are competing against the best of the best. At least better than what I got - a known ding. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Ashwanth,

Sorry to hear that you weren't admitted outright! But keep your hopes up through the waitlist. I'm sure you will get useful info from the online chat.

We also just launched a Ross Facebook page, which should be a great place for you to connect more with current students as well as hopefuls: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Ann-Arbor-MI/The-Ross-School-of-Business/42202896250

I look forward to hearing how things go. Keep us updated!

Ashwanth said...

Thanks for the support, guys!

Hope things turn out for the better.

Best

The Teacher said...

Hey Ashwanth,

Long time buddy... Too bad about the wl... Hope for the best and wish you the best of apping.

All the best.

Rohit said...

Sorry to hear that, dude. I've been following your posts on PG since ISB's R1. So any more results waiting to be declared ?

I was waitlisted at Ross too. I guess I'll be withdrawing the application soon.

Ashwanth said...

Thanks for the wishes, Nitin.

Rohit, sad about ur waitlist too. Have u been admitted elsewhere? I am expecting a ding from Stanford and a waitlist from Darden. I'll probably apply to a couple of good EU schools.

Arjun Manjunath said...

Hey Ashwanth,

Congrats on being shortlisted for Ross. I am sure this is a great first step. :-)

All the best. Did u hear from others? like Darden!

Cheers
Arjun

Ashwanth said...

Arjun,

Thank you for your wishes but, to be honest, am not really excited on getting waitlisted :(. More so because I still haven't heard a word from Darden!

Anyway, I am hoping for the best.

Cheers

Arjun Manjunath said...

I agree that Darden has been quite a disappointment so far. I too had pinned some hopes on it. Having faced a disastrous R1 I am not hoping for some luck in R2 :-)

Do tell me if you hear anything at all from them. Any others you are planning to apply to? in R2 or R3

Ashwanth said...

Arjun,

Haven't finalized any schools yet. I'll post on the progress, if any.

Cheers

MBAlmighty said...

Ashwanth, all the best for Stanford results today! Good luck buddy! :

Ashwanth said...

Thanks, dude!

Theodore said...

This is gorgeous!